|This article or section may require cleanup. The spelling, grammar, or formatting may need attention. The content may be out of place, overwritten, and/or contradictory. You can help the Critical Role wiki by reviewing this article and cleaning it up.
Sections needing work: - Occupation of Emon: expand
The Chroma Conclave was a faction of five chromatic dragons confronted by Vox Machina. The blue dragon, Brimscythe, was defeated pre-stream; the remaining red, green, white, and black dragons were major villains over the course of chapters 4 through 6 (episodes "Omens" (1x39) through "The Deceiver's Stand" (1x83)).
Story So Far Edit
It was Raishan and Thordak (though mostly Raishan) that brokered the idea of the Chroma Conclave. The plan was for the five dragons to work together to wipe out the controlling society of Tal'Dorei (the Kingdom of Tal'Dorei). Of greater concern to the Conclave was the immediate threat of Draconia, as the Dragonborn civilization had been keeping close tabs on many (if not all) of the Conclave's members. After Draconia and the Tal'Dorei government were dealt with, the continent of Tal'Dorei would be divided up among the members. Both Brimscythe and Thordak wanted Emon for themselves, but Brimscythe was killed before the claim could become an issue.
"The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) Edit
Vox Machina first encountered the Chroma Conclave (although they didn't know it at the time) when they went through a transportation circle in the home of General Krieg and discovered a cavern full of treasure. On the wall were four obsidian orbs. One of the orbs was touched and a massive, scaly eye appeared within it. As it appeared, a voice called out for "Brimscythe". The eye then noticed Vox Machina, and the voice said "Intruders. I know your face now. He is a fool, and so are you, insect." All four orbs cracked simultaneously and became inert.
General Krieg himself then appeared in the cavern and revealed his true form as the blue dragon Brimscythe. The dragon fought against Vox Machina, nearly devouring several members of the group, but was eventually slain by Vax'ildan. In his death throes, Brimscythe thrashed about the cavern, knocking down several support pillars and causing the roof to collapse. Vox Machina barely escaped back through the teleportation circle.
Occupation of Tal'Dorei Edit
In "Omens" (1x39), the Chroma Conclave invaded Emon, destroying most of the city. The city was subsequently occupied by Thordak (the red dragon), who claimed the surrounding Bladeshimmer Shoreline as his domain. Umbrasyl claimed Westruun and the Dividing Plains. Raishan claimed the city-states of the Rifenmist Peninsula. Vorugal was originally supposed to claim Whitestone and the Alabaster Sierras, but instead he made his lair among the ruins of Draconia (likely because there was more plentiful game to hunt).
- Thordak, the Cinder King (ancient red dragon, leader; killed by Vox Machina and their allies)
- Raishan, the Diseased Deceiver (ancient green dragon; killed by Kerrek, Vox Machina, and their allies)
- Umbrasyl, the Hope Devourer (ancient black dragon, killed by Vox Machina and Shale)
- Vorugal, the Frigid Doom (ancient white dragon, killed by Vox Machina and Raishan)
- Brimscythe, the Iron Storm (young/adult blue dragon, killed by Vox Machina)
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 13:50 through 14:41.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) from 14:41 through 15:19.
- ↑ See "Thordak" (1x79) from 3:19:49 through 3:22:32.
- ↑ See "The Deceiver's Stand" (1x83).
- ↑ See "Umbrasyl" (1x55) at 3:55:37.
- ↑ See "Vorugal" (1x71) from 4:35:13 through 4:37:38.
- ↑ See "The Story of Vox Machina" (Sx06) at 15:04.