Campaign Two is the second campaign of Critical Role. It takes place beginning in Sydenstar, 835 P.D., approximately twenty years after the adventures of Vox Machina. The returning cast plays all-new characters (with the exception of Laura Bailey's character, Jester, who previously appeared in two one-shot adventures) and features the continent of Wildemount as its primary setting. In the eighth episode, the adventuring party adopted the name "The Mighty Nein".
|Laura Bailey||Jester Lavorre||Tiefling||Cleric (Trickery Domain)|
|Taliesin Jaffe||Mollymauk "Molly" Tealeaf||Tiefling (Devil's Tongue)||Blood Hunter (Order of the Ghostslayer)|
|Caduceus Clay||Firbolg||Cleric (Grave Domain)|
|Ashley Johnson||Yasha Nydoorin||Aasimar (Fallen)||Barbarian (Path of the Zealot)|
|Matthew Mercer||The Dungeon Master|
|Liam O'Brien||Caleb Widogast||Human (Variant)||Wizard (School of Transmutation)|
|Marisha Ray||Beauregard "Beau" Lionett||Human (Variant)||Monk (Way of the Cobalt Soul)|
|Sam Riegel||Nott the Brave||Goblin||Rogue (Arcane Trickster), Wizard|
|Veth Brenatto||Halfling (Lightfoot)|
|Travis Willingham||Fjord||Half-Orc||Warlock (Hexblade; Pact of the Blade), Paladin (Oath of the Open Sea)|
→ Main article: The Adventures of the Mighty Nein
|Chapter||Title||First episode||Last episode|
|Chapter 9||"A New Beginning"||"Curious Beginnings" (2x01)||"Midnight Espionage" (2x12)|
|The new party members first meet in the sleepy town of Trostenwald, but they quickly become involved in an investigation after a zombie attacks the recently arrived traveling carnival...|
|Chapter 10||"A Gentleman's Agreement"||"Lost & Found" (2x13)||"Divergent Paths" (2x25)|
|The party comes together as a group in the aftermath of the twin attacks on Dayana Prucine and the Zauberspire, exploring the underbelly of Zadash...|
|Chapter 11||"Iron and the Coast"||"Found & Lost" (2x26)||"Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35)|
|The Mighty Nein recover those who were lost but at a dire cost...|
|Chapter 12||"Followers of the False Serpent"||"O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36)||"The Second Seal" (2x47)|
|The Mighty Nein take to the high seas in search of a deeper understanding of Fjord's mysterious patron. Hijinks ensue...|
|Chapter 13||"Shades of Gray"||"Homeward Bound" (2x48)||"In Love and War" (2x57)|
|The Mighty Nein delve into the wastes of Xhorhas, and are forced to become more involved in the war they had originally hoped to avoid...|
|Chapter 14||"Orphanmaker's Ordeal"||"Wood and Steel" (2x58)||"The King's Cage" (2x69)|
|The Mighty Nein delve into the mysterious past of Yasha as they uncover more clues about the rifts throughout Xhorhas...|
|Chapter 15||"Against the Chains"||"Causatum" (2x70)||"Punishment and Politics" (2x87)|
|The Mighty Nein set out to recover their missing member and stop the cult of the mysterious "Angel of Irons"...|
|Chapter 16||"Reunions and Reconciliations"||"Unwanted Reunions" (2x88)||"High Seas, High Stakes" (2x99)|
|The party deals with places and people from their pasts, and bring hope for the future with a tenuous peace agreement...|
|Chapter 17||"Idol's Follies"||"Hunted at Sea" (2x100)||"Traveler Con" (2x108)|
|The party arrives on Rumblecusp for TravelerCon, encountering more gods than expected...|
|Chapter 18||"Eyes of Eiselcross"||"Frigid Propositions" (2x109)||"A Walk to Warmer Welcomes" (2x124)|
|The Mighty Nein engage in an excursion to Eiselcross, and an unexpected encounter that leaves their path cold and complicated...|
|Chapter 19||"The Final Chapter"||"The Neverending Day" (2x125)||"Fond Farewells" (2x141)|
|The Mighty Nein return to the mainland in an attempt to recruit allies and gain items to aid them in the battle against the Somnovem...|
- For Campaign 2, ability scores were determined during character creation using the standard method described in the Player's Handbook: roll 4d6 and drop the lowest die. Matthew Mercer implemented a house rule that if sum of all ability scores for a player was less than 70, then that player had the option to reroll all scores. They could rearrange the scores as desired.
- Several characters from The Campaign of Vox Machina have also appeared in Campaign Two, including Captain Adella, Allura Vysoren, Artagan, Kent Plucker, Keyleth, and Lady Kima of Vord. Additionally, the book The Daring Trials and Tribulations of Sir Taryon Darrington has also appeared.
- See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 1:29:07. Matt states that the date is the 12th of Fessuran. In-game, the campaign started approximately a month earlier.
- Matthew Mercer clarified via Twitter that the second campaign starts in 835 P.D.
- See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 1:03:18.
- Matthew Mercer explained the houserule for rolling stats during character creation (source 1 and source 2).