Appearance EditCaleb has blue eyes and reddish-brown hair. Caleb's long coat hides two holstered heirloom books, one on either side. Caleb's arms and hands are bandaged. Caleb has a soft German accent. 
When Caleb first appeared on Critical Role, he was filthy, unshaven, and had messy hair. He had slept in his filthy travel clothes, including a long coat. After meeting the adventurers that would later become the Mighty Nein, Caleb visited an expensive bathhouse in Trostenwald, but he did not clean his clothes nor wash himself from the neck upward. After arriving in Zadash, Enchanter Pumat Sol cleaned Caleb with magic consistent with the spell Prestidigitation, and it marked the first time the Mighty Nein witnessed a clean Caleb—which upset Nott. Caleb smeared mud on his face when Jester demeaned the amount of money his parents made.
Caleb is reserved, not wanting to draw too much attention to himself nor his companion Nott. Caleb shows little interest in the secrets of people besides Nott, hoping to avoid answering questions about himself. Caleb's generally dour and isolated manner morphs into an open and jubilant mood upon purchasing new books. He does not consider himself to be remotely brave.
Caleb possesses a deep self-loathing due to the circumstances of his parents' death. He believes that he is fully responsible despite being magically beguiled and the reassurances of both Nott and Beauregard that he was not to blame, he neither wants nor accepts their consolations. He does appear to want revenge against Trent Ikithon, however, having shown a gleeful mania at the thought following his admission of his past.
As a young boy Caleb was focused and persuasive, driven and eloquent, though later in life he used his charismatic personality more so to deceive people.
Caleb is methodical, sometimes to a fault. He has painstakingly counted objects on multiple occasions, once using the length of counting to cheat a merchant  and even counting crossbow bolts as he removed them from his own chest.
Caleb has very 'sticky fingers' when it comes to magical objects and will take anything magical if he thinks he can get away with it.
His mother and father were incredibly poor, to the point that they hadn't made 50 gold throughout their entire lives.
Caleb told Nott that his village or family contemplated sending him to the Soltryce Academy when he was younger, but Caleb "fucked it" and no longer has a desire to attend. This was not quite true--Caleb attended the Soltryce Academy at 15 (around 817 P.D.), and came under the tutelage of the abusive Trent Ikithon a year later. Trent had three students from Caleb's hometown (Caleb, Eodwulf, and Astrid), one of whom Caleb fell in love with and all of whom executed dissidents for the Empire. When Caleb was around 17, as a test of his three students' loyalty, Trent modified their memories so they believed that their parents had betrayed the empire. The three killed their parents, but Caleb "broke" when he heard his parents' screams from inside their burning house. Caleb spent 11 years in an asylum, until a woman removed his fake memories. After that, he killed one of the guards, took a necklace to hide himself from Ikithon, and escaped; he hid from Trent for the next 5 years. Caleb still has hopes not to let his parents down, but considers murdering them to be an unforgivable act on his part.
Caleb stated that he does not currently have any children and that he didn't have children in the past. However, he claims to have fallen in love with one of his fellow students at the Soltryce Academy.
Sometime after Caleb's escape from the asylum, Nott and Caleb met in a small jail, which they escaped from together. Caleb came up with their escape plan, which required Nott's help. Caleb used Frumpkin to bring a piece of wire into their cell, which Nott used to pick the lock. Caleb proceeded to set the jail on fire and scream for help. The guards promptly fled, and Caleb and Nott walked out of the jail together, staying together first out of convenience, but then for several months.
Nott saved Caleb's life before they met the rest of the Mighty Nein. Nott blamed herself for their inability to stay in any place for long without getting into trouble. It was Caleb's idea to stay in Trostenwald to find new companions "to tag along with."
Chapter 9 Edit
Caleb's general lack of hygiene attracted the attention of Jester. After revealing Nott's goblin nature in a social misunderstanding, Caleb and Nott eventually decided to spend the day with Jester, Beauregard, and Fjord before heading to the carnival that night.
Unlike Jester's group and Molly, Caleb was not under house arrest for the duration of the investigation into the events of the carnival--thus, he was able to move freely around the town as himself. Caleb eventually discovered a story about Kylre's specific demonic powers in the book Fiends of Folklore. Armed with this knowledge, the group tracked Kylre to Crookedstone Island and killed him. Afterwards, Caleb attempted to take sole responsibility for the kill, but circumstances forced the truth to come out instead. He used Fiends of Folklore and Kylre's death to persuade Lawmaster Norda that the husk attacks were not the fault of his burgeoning group. She let them off without penalty.
Before leaving Trostenwald, Caleb went to a bathhouse with Nott, where he sadly contemplated a burnt spellbook he had purchased in town. On the way out of town, he and Fjord recognized a kindred adult nature that the other members of the group lacked.
Alfield and the Gnolls Edit
Zadash: Beginnings Edit
Chapter 10 Edit
Zadash on Lockdown Edit
After the group released Thuron, Caleb was instrumental in regaining possession of the Beacon, using a disguise and Friends to take it from a guard. That night, as he slept in a cellar under The Leaky Tap and guarded the Beacon, Caleb had a strange dream about possible future Calebs.
Caleb avoided answering any questions when the group interrogated Molly about his amnesia under a Zone of Truth.
When Caleb fully identified the Beacon and embraced its power, he said to his parents that he hoped he wouldn't let them down. When Jester addressed Nott as Caleb's mother shortly afterwards, this greatly confused Caleb.
"Whispers of War" (2x18) Edit
In the Swamp Edit
Caleb and Beau disagreed about the best course of action when they found the bowl Calianna was searching for. Caleb thought they should interrogate Cali under some sort of guarantee that she would tell the truth, while Beau thought Caleb was being both rude and paranoid. Cali broke up the argument by positing that Caleb could simply use Suggestion to make her tell the truth. Caleb and Beau reconciled the next day, after some prodding from Fjord and Yasha.
Chapter 11 Edit
Chapter 12 Edit
Caleb, along with the rest of the Mighty Nein, stole the ship the Mist from the docks in Nicodranas. He suggested renaming it the "Shit" or the "Shittake," as mist in Zemnian is a word for "shit." He gave the name "Phillip" as his pirate alias to Captain Avantika. When the Mighty Nein joined the crew of the Squall-Eater, "Phillip" took on the role as apprentice navigator.
Upon arriving at Darktow Isle, Caleb (along with the other members of the Mighty Nein) was automatically initiated into the ranks of the Revelry. He was expelled from the Revelry after the fight with Avantika.
Caleb, more than once, mentioned that Nott had saved his life the day before the events of "Curious Beginnings" (2x01), and the two of them covered each other's expenses throughout their drinking escapades in Trostenwald and their trip to the Carnival. In their first scene in Critical Role, Caleb and Nott shared a room together at the Nestled Nook Inn, and they roomed together multiple times thereafter. Caleb stated that they're best when they work together.
Over the months that they have been togther, Nott and Caleb have become reflexively protective of each other. When Caleb had the slightest impression that the other members of the Mighty Nein had figured out Nott's goblin identity, he said that she was a goblin, but that it was not a big deal. Later, during the trial held by the notably anti-goblin Norda, Caleb stood between Nott and Norda and vouched for Nott's moral character.
Nott intimated that she and Caleb had a number of practiced cons (confidence tricks) for procuring coin, including "The Money Pot", "Rat Food", "Prince and the Pauper", and "Spider Eyes".
When asked about their relationship, Caleb stated that he considers Nott to be like a little sister to him. On the other hand, Nott considers herself to be a mother figure for Caleb, though she has not told him this.
Jester was friendly but blunt toward Caleb when they first met. The first thing she ever said to him was that he smelled really bad and that he should take a bath.
When Jester returned from the Pillow Trove and revealed that she had not gotten the care package from her mother, Caleb offered her some of his gold to cheer her up, but she declined, and the two began to quarrel over what constituted "a lot of money". Caleb claimed 50 gold was more money than his family had ever made, to which Jester responded that that basically had been her daily allowance growing up; frustrated with her inability to be happy with the money they did have, Caleb smeared mud over his face and then stormed off, though Jester did later apologise for disrepecting his upbringing.
Jester was not very respectful when Caleb talked to his parents while touching the Beacon, later mocking him for it to others. Caleb worries most about how Jester would react to his past if she learned of it. Without having witnessed a battle that happened before Caleb met them, he credited the success of Jester, Beau, and Fjord against the giant snake to Beau's "guns".
She is probably the person he trusts most after Nott. This is evidenced by the fact that he revealed his dark past to her. Caleb has mentioned some of his trust stems from the fact that they are both "empire kids".
Upon joining forces, Fjord and Caleb quickly developed a collaborative working relationship. They both have the ability to magically change their appearance. As an aspiring magic-user himself, Fjord has complimented Caleb on his spells and sought his advice on arcane matters. Caleb admires Fjord's mind and his ability to get things done.
Caleb is fond of Frumpkin. Outside of times when he uses Frumpkin to advance his goals, Caleb treats Frumpkin like a domestic cat, frequently showing him physical affection. Caleb seems to know that Frumpkin prefers to be in cat form, but is willing to change him to other forms when necessary. Frumpkin is named after Caleb’s childhood cat of the same name.
Though Frumpkin has died on multiple occasions, this doesn't seem to bother Caleb or Frumpkin. Caleb has stated that Frumpkin finds dying to be a minor inconvenience.
When Caleb dissociated after burning a man to death in a gnoll lair, Mollymauk doused the flames, slapped Caleb in the face, encouraged him to deal with those feelings later, asked if he was alright, and then gave him a kiss on the forehead. When the party later pressed Caleb on his dissociation and he pointed out that it was a traumatizing experience, Molly suggested using alcohol.
Caleb likes Yasha due to their similar personalities and mutual dislike of, and uncomfortableness with, close contact. After asking her for advice regarding social situations, Yasha listed off a few things that she believed would make people like Caleb more (which he wrote down), and shaved his face with her sword after Caleb mentioned that he missed being clean shaven. Caleb asked if this made them friends, to which Yasha said that it did.
Character Information Edit
Notable Items Edit
- A different book, possibly a journal of some sort
- A burnt spellbook
- Siff Duthar's burnt spellbook
- A diamond that Caleb uses when casting Chromatic Orb
- Component pouch
1250 gp-worth of high quality parchment and ink(used to transcribe spells into his spell book)
- Pearl obtained from Nott's polished brass ring (used as a material component for casting the Identify spell)
- Glove of Blasting
- Spellbook - With a picture of a "dick-butt" drawn by Jester on the page containing the Friends spell
The Beacon (inside of a lead-lined box)(entrusted to Jester)
- The Beacon was found to contain a nearly incomprehensible amount of power when Caleb used Identify on it. It is in the shape of a dodecahedron.
- Sending Stone (obtained from the Sutan's place)
- Spell scrolls containing:
Invisibility, Shocking Grasp, Hold Person (retconned from Shocking Grasp at the start of "Fleeting Memories" (2x14)), Catapult, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall(transcribed and destroyed), Shield (transcribed and destroyed), (obtained from Nott)
- Amulet of Proof Against Detection and Location (taken from Ikithon’s guard in asylum.)  
Periapt of Wound Closure(Beau looted from Molly's corpse and tossed it to Caleb) (transferred ownership to Caduceus after a series of near-death experiences)
- Transmuter's Stone
- "Happy Fun Ball of Tricks" (given to him by Twiggy)
- Stone of Good Luck
Variant Human Abilities Edit
- Bonus Skill
- Feat: Keen Mind
Wizard Abilities Edit
- Arcane Recovery (4 slot levels)
- Arcane Tradition (Transmutation)
- Minor Alchemy
- Transmutation Savant
- Transmuter's Stone
- Ritual Casting
- Spellcasting (Intelligence-based ability)
Wizard Spells Edit
As a 7th-level wizard, Caleb knows four cantrips, and his spellbook contains at least 18 spells. He can prepare up to 12 of these spells per day.
Caleb has copied at least eighteen additional spells into his spellbook. Caleb currently has a burnt spellbook and a number of spell scrolls (including Feather Fall).
- Burning Hands
- Chromatic Orb
- Comprehend Languages
- Detect Magic
- Disguise Self
- Expeditious Retreat
- Feather Fall
- Find Familiar
- Mage Armor
- Magic Missile
- Unseen Servant (dubbed Schmidt)
- Witch Bolt
- At least one other transmutation spell
- Arcane Lock
- Hold Person
- Maximilian's Earthen Grasp (takes the form of a cat's paw)
- Melf's Acid Arrow
- Scorching Ray
- Dispel Magic
- Leomund's Tiny Hut
- Vampiric Touch
- Wall of Fire
- "It's on the table though, so on the table it will stay." (Caleb telling Nott when not to steal)
- "Leave me alone, I'm reading." (Caleb telling Jester not to bother him while he reads his new book)
- "I'm a dirty hobo and I reek of yesterday's garbage." (Caleb describing himself.)
- "I'm either a clown, or a toad-killer. Let's see what it is."
- "Well, my social anxiety is getting the best of me. I'm taking a walk; goodbye."
- "I am going to tell you the story of how I murdered my mother and father."
- "Anybody can make lights. Anybody could send a message through a wire. I want to bend reality to my will."
- "You were always a better dancer than me, Astrid." (Drunkenly told to Jester during their waltz)
- "Shine bright, circus man." (Caleb's last words to Molly)
- "Brave, dead... semantics, really." (Caleb taking the lead on infiltration of Sour Nest)
- "They. Are. Going. To. Die." (Caleb upon Frumpkin being killed in the Sour Nest)
- "You shouldn't have killed my cat." (Caleb's words when he killed Lorenzo in the Sour Nest)
- Caleb's intelligence is one of the highest for any player character, tied with Percy, Lyra, and Lillith.
- The name Caleb is Hebrew for "dog" ("kelev") and "whole-hearted" ("collev").
- The name Widogast is an Old German name composed of the elements "witu" ("wood") and "gast" ("stranger, guest").
- From Old and Middle, gast (also spelled ghast due to associations with ghost) means "to frighten", or "soul", "spirit", or "breath."
- From a Proto-Ino-European origin, it can also mean "anger, agitation."
- From Old French, it can mean "destruction" or "destroyed; ravaged; decimated", and is an alternate form of wast, which the word waste is related to or originates from.
- Brian Wayne Foster described Caleb as "Homeless Troy Baker". After Caleb was cleaned by Pumat Sol, Brian began calling him "Basic Cable Troy Baker".
- When Liam joked about Caleb emphasizing the Mold Earth cantrip, Laura responded that Caleb smells like "moldy earth".
- When Liam speaks the Zemnian language as Caleb, he actually speaks German. Because of this, Matt now uses a German accent for Zemnian characters.
- Caleb came up with the adventuring party's name, the Mighty Nein, when Watchmaster Bryce Feelid needed the group's name for paperwork.
- When Caleb cast knock in "Within the Nest" the spell did not create a loud booming sound as described by the spell. It's likely this was an oversight by Matt.
- Before Caleb spent a decade in an asylum, he was an evocation wizard.
External Links Edit
- ↑ Liam O'Brien confirmed Caleb's age on Twitter.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Liam O'Brien explains that Caleb's alignment was Lawful Evil before the stream started, but that his alignment changed to True Neutral during the stream on Twitter.
- ↑ Liam O'Brien clarifies that Caleb's alignment was Lawful Evil both before and after he was "broken" by Trent Ikithon on Twitter.
- ↑ See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) at 3:31:55.
- ↑ See "A Hole In the Plan" (2x42).
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 2:53:46.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:20:26. Liam O'Brien described Caleb in his first scene on Critical Role.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01).
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #49: 'Curious Beginnings'" (TMx49).
- ↑ See "Disparate Pieces" (2x04).
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) from 3:12:54 through 3:13:54.
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 3:25:16.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02).
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #55: 'Hush'" (TMx55).
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03).
- ↑ Liam O'Brien mentioned on Twitter that he chose the stat distribution for Caleb deliberately, and explained Caleb's high Charisma score.
- ↑ See "The Howling Mines" (2x06).
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08).
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 2:44:21. Caleb names the town he is from, and says it is located near Rexxentrum.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27).
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 3:25:01.
- ↑ See "Lost & Found" (2x13).
- ↑ Liam O'Brien confirms the spelling of Astrid and Eodwulf on Twitter.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) from 2:44:03 through 2:57:23. Caleb's story of how he came to fear fire.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16).
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18).
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #61: 'Lost & Found'" (TMx61).
- ↑ See "O Captain, Who's Captain?" (2x36).
- ↑ See "Dangerous Liaisons" (2x37).
- ↑ See "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41).
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43).
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01). Caleb covers Nott's bet for Crick Queen's Call.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03). Nott gives Caleb money to buy books.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) from 0:19:54 through 0:22:01. Caleb and Nott shared a room at an inn in their first scene.
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08). Caleb and Nott get a room of their own at the Feed and Mead Tavern.
- ↑ See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 2:42:00.
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 3:24:38.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #66: 'Whispers of War'" (TMx66).
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09).
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02). Caleb and Fjord both cast Disguise Self.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 43:03. Fjord calls Caleb's ability to produce fire from his hands "impressive."
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05).
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08). Caleb wears Frumpkin around his neck after resummoning him.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03). Caleb turns Frumpkin into a sparrow.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina Live from San Diego Comic-Con 2018!" (TMx75).
- ↑ See "Waste and Webs" (2x10).
- ↑ See "Hush" (2x07) at 3:58:08.
- ↑ See "Steam and Conversation" (2x09) at 2:51:38.
- ↑ See "The Diver's Grave" (2x44). Caleb spends a long time writing in his second book.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01). Caleb hands his dagger to Yasha.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03). Caleb buys a burnt spellbook.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 1:16:41. Beau gives Caleb a burnt spellbook.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 2:31:17. Caleb casts Chromatic Orb.
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) from 3:16:45 through 3:17:42. Caleb buys 150 gold of rare ink and paper.
- ↑ See "Fleeting Memories" (2x14) from 2:35:33 through 2:36:03. Caleb buys 100 gold of rare ink.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) from 3:29:55 through 3:30:21. Caleb buys 200 gold of rare ink and paper.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) from 3:50:05 through 3:50:18. Caleb buys 200 gold of rare ink and paper.
- ↑ See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 52:41. Caleb buys 600 gold of rare ink and paper.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) from 16:01 through 16:19. Liam notes that Caleb would have transcribed spells given the time before the Harvest Close festival.
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 0:51:47.
- ↑ See "Waste and Webs" (2x10) from 3:28:29 through 3:31:26.
- ↑ See "Zemnian Nights" (2x11) at 1:34:48.
- ↑ See at cite. Consumed when Caleb read the scroll during the battle of the Sour Nest.
- ↑ See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:47:20. Caleb purchases this spell as a spell scroll
- ↑ See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 3:48:12. Caleb purchases this spell as a spell scroll
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 20:25. Caleb cast Shield, meaning that he transcribed (and destroyed) the Shield scroll.
- ↑ See "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23).
- ↑ Liam revealed the item information on Twitter https://twitter.com/voiceofobrien/status/995310816642580480?s=21
- ↑ See "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41) at 17:08. Caleb gives Caduceus the Periapt of Wound Closure.
- ↑ See "Commerce & Chaos" (2x31) at 1:19:10.
- ↑ See "The Stowaway" (2x45).
- ↑ See "The Second Seal" (2x47).
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 1:32:02. Liam notes that Caleb has the Keen Mind feat.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 1:25:59. Caleb uses Arcane Recovery to regain a spell slot.
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30). Caleb creates a Transmuter's Stone.
- ↑ See Liam's tweet about his spellbook.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) at 1:13:55. Caleb casts a spell consistent with Dancing Lights.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 0:28:13. Caleb casts Fire Bolt.
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 2:03:49. Caleb casts Friends.
- ↑ See "A Favor in Kind" (2x16) at 27:28. Caleb casts Message.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) from 3:04:50 through 3:06:23. Caleb casts a spell as a ritual consistent with Alarm.
- ↑ See "Hush" (2x07) at 3:06:17. Caleb readies Burning Hands.
- ↑ See "Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35). Caleb casts Catapult.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) at 2:46:04. Liam notes that Caleb can cast Comprehend Languages.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 0:52:33. Caleb casts Detect Magic.
- ↑ See "A Show of Scrutiny" (2x02) at 3:14:45. Caleb casts Disguise Self.
- ↑ See "Dockside Diplomacy" (2x35). Caleb casts Expeditious Retreat.
- ↑ See "Temple of the False Serpent" (2x39). Caleb casts Feather Fall.
- ↑ See "The Midnight Chase" (2x03) at 1:39:13. Caleb casts Find Familiar.
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08) at 23:19. Caleb casts Identify.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) from 2:23:09 through 2:23:30. Caleb casts Mage Armor.
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 3:11:17. Caleb casts Magic Missile.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 20:25. Caleb casts Shield.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 42:58. Caleb casts Sleep.
- ↑ See "Waste and Webs" (2x10) at 1:30:54. Caleb casts Unseen Servant.
- ↑ See "Temple of the False Serpent" (2x39). Caleb casts Witch Bolt.
- ↑ See Liam's tweet about his spellbook.
- ↑ Caleb spent 1225 of his 1250 gold in ink copying 17 other spells into his spellbook. With only 25 gold left over for copying, his unrevealed 1st-level spell has to be transmutation.
- ↑ See "Lost & Found" (2x13) at 1:53:00. Caleb offers to cast a spell consistent with Arcane Lock.
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) at 1:27:13. Caleb casts a concentration spell that causes his appearance to blink and shift.
- ↑ See "Hush" (2x07) at 1:36:30. Liam O'Brien stated that Caleb would cast Blur, ending speculation about whether he was using Blur or Mirror Image.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 2:56:21. Caleb casts a spell consistent with Enlarge on Yasha.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28). Caleb casts Hold Person.
- ↑ See "Divergent Paths" (2x25) at 1:50:39. Caleb describes having a spell that can open locks, consistent with Knock.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28). Caleb casts Knock.
- ↑ See "Where The River Goes" (2x15) from 2:40:55 through 2:41:12. Caleb casts Maximilian's Earthen Grasp, flavored to look like a cat's paw.
- ↑ See "Encroaching Waters" (2x34) at 2:50:25. Caleb casts Melf's Acid Arrow
- ↑ See "The Open Road" (2x05) at 1:52:23. Caleb casts Scorching Ray.
- ↑ See "Stalker in the Swamp" (2x21) at 1:10:26. Caleb casts Suggestion.
- ↑ See "In Hot Water" (2x43). Caleb casts Counterspell.
- ↑ See "Lost Treasures" (2x22) at 1:34:38. Caleb casts Dispel Magic.
- ↑ See "Beyond the Boundaries" (2x32) at 2:34:34. Caleb casts Fear.
- ↑ See "Beyond the Boundaries" (2x32) at 3:12:08. Caleb casts Fireball.
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 20:48. Caleb casts Haste.
- ↑ See "The Journey Home" (2x30). Caleb casts a spell consistent with Leomund's Tiny Hut.
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 2:27:48. Caleb casts Slow.
- ↑ See "A Pirate's Life for Me" (2x41). Caleb casts Vampiric Touch.
- ↑ See "A Hole In the Plan" (2x42). Caleb casts Wall of Fire.
- ↑ See "Curious Beginnings" (2x01) at 37:40.
- ↑ See "Disparate Pieces" (2x04).
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 2:44:04.
- ↑ See "Whispers of War" (2x18) at 2:56:37.
- ↑ See "The Hour of Honor" (2x24).
- ↑ See "The Stalking Nightmare" (2x29).
- ↑ See "The Stalking Nightmare" (2x29) at 4:02:02.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #49: 'Curious Beginnings'" (TMx49).
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #51: 'The Midnight Chase'" (TMx51) from 1:06:24 through 1:06:34. Timestamp based on Twitch VOD.
- ↑ See "The Gates of Zadash" (2x08). Caleb gave the name "the Mighty Nein" to Bryce Feelid.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) at 2:47:32.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) at 3:35:37.
- ↑ See "Talks Machina #93: 'The Diver's Grave'" (TMx93).
- ↑ Official 2018 portrait of Caleb Widogast, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Official full body portrait of Caleb Widogast, by Ari (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Caleb's dream with the Beacon, by Megzilla87 (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Caleb casting Shield, by Tyrone Andersen (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Caleb and Beau reconciling, by Hugo Cardenas (source). Used with permission.
- ↑ Fan art of Caleb and Frumpkin together, Frumpkin in sparrow form, by Megzilla87 (source). Used with permission.