The Grove is surrounded by the cursed blighted woods of the Savalirwood, the old stone temple is surrounded by three consecutive rings of 5-foot tall rusted iron-bar fence built to hold back the continually encroaching razor-like grey-purple thorn vines. The fences were placed up over time to block out the corruption but as they fail more interior fences were raised up.
The magic containing this area, maintains the vegetation even in winter and changes the winter trees, swamp and bog like dense vegetation to unique flowers of various types and multitudes of colours and green oaks and a humid summer-like air. It is an unexpected and extreme shift in temperature and weather. There is something unnatural, or at least magical, that maintains this little pocket of untouched paradise. There you can see small pools, bits of bog where the soft green and browns of compost fall into green, thick, algae-covered bits of water.
On the far end, towards the core and the back there is a stone building, 20 by 30 feet, built as an old stone steeple. It stands windowless, open, and the floor of it to each open window overgrown with green vine and leaf. The building has an old wooden single four feet wide door. The front southeast side has a single, once filled, arched window. The structure has a stone roof and was surrounded by old gravestones. It was around 100-150 feet from the steeple to the most outer ring of fencing.
There are dozens and dozens of stone tablets, about a foot to two feet high, with bits of script across them, that have partially fallen or leaning. Some of those buried there included:
- 100, 200, 400 and 500 year old elven graves.
- A ten year old grave containing the elvish name of Tyriel Casala.
- Generations of members from a textile family known as of Costala. Their graves grew red-purple flowers for tea.
Caduceus lived with his family at the sanctuary-like graveyard of the Blooming Grove. Being separate from the clans, the area has an air of superstition around it. It predates Shadycreek Run, and is overrun by the forest, which breached the third fence in 835 P.D. The area is home to small frogs and small critters. Though the magic overtime gave way and fell back to the power of the forest's corruption.
After her mate and her son were rescued from the Sour Nest, Nila offered to look after the Blooming Grove, in exchange for Caduceus agreeing to continue helping and traveling with the Mighty Nein. It is assumed that Nila and her family have been living in or near the Blooming Grove ever since, watching over the graves and the spreading corruption.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) at 1:01:31.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) at 0:26:17.
- ↑ See "Converging Fury" (2x27) at 3:03:17.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) at 1:01:51.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) from 0:36:22 through 0:37:49.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) from 0:39:56 through 0:42:38.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) from 0:51:00 through 0:51:37.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) at 0:57:38.
- ↑ See "Within the Nest" (2x28) at 1:05:55.