Berleben is a city 70 miles northeast of Zadash in the Dwendalian Empire. The city bordered the Ounterloch to the northeast and was surrounded by the Labenda Swamps, where a howling attacker resided. Leading to this city were the Bromkiln Byway, Rillway Road and the Subterranean Tunnels from Zadash.
Berleben was built when the empire started, almost three centuries ago.
Barleben was a somewhat miserable-looking, but functional city in the Empire. It had a strange mismatch of varying levels that made up the village. Whole areas stood on stilts and raised platforms connected by bridges, while much of the city to the eastern side appeared to be partly submerged in bog water. The browns, greens, and grays of the marsh itself was reflected in the browns, greens, and grays of the people who wandered the streets.
The roads looked to have a smattering of stone slabs, cobblestone and whatever pieces of material were left over from construction the main road that helped fix and maintain it in the central opening before it scatters into the rest of the city.
Almost half of the city of Berleben takes up the Puddles. It looked like this district was the original town of Berleben. This part of city was slowly sinking into the marsh, with a constant level of around 2-3 inches of water on the street when the Mighty Nein first visited.
The Puddles exists out of impoverished huts and hovels. Most of the buildings here where build out of older masonry and stone structures constructs. The bases themselves were a deep algae green from the floor to two or three feet up, where moss and fungus and various other plant matter had slowly grown as the liquid that has been soaking into the vicinity had slowly grown up the sides of these buildings.
There was a fountain that had completely fallen into itself. Bits of the water seem to have permeated through. It was an older relic of the earlier construction period.
The Midway DocksEdit
The Midway Docks was the best bet for trading, this was where most of the business got done. The stables could be found in this district.
The Dry DocksEdit
The Dry Docks are a number of these wooden docks that heads out in these various edges of the swamp where a number of small boats were roped off.
This part of city was known for, the building that were all raised up. It had the Summit House, where the Starosta of Berleben stayed, and the Mossmire Temple, where the druid that keeps the swamp stayed.
|Dent Barnswallow||NPC||Owner of The Keystone Pub.|
|Smithe Durban||NPC||Owner of The Fungal Fount.|
|Uma Cole||NPC||Owner of The Drowned Nest.|
Points of InterestEdit
"Labenda Awaits" (2x20)Edit
"Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23)Edit
- ↑ As shown on the official map of Wildemount from Deven Rue.
- ↑ See "The Gentleman's Path" (2x19) at 38:09.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 3:22:50. Febron notes that something howling in the marsh probably killed the Gentleman's previous envoys.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 3:13:12. Told by Dent Bonswallow.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 2:54:35.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 3:12:27.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 2:55:13.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 2:59:14.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 2:59:58.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 3:00:33.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 3:12:56.
- ↑ See "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23).
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 3:13:35.
- ↑ See "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23) at 1:33:48.
- ↑ See "Have Bird, Will Travel" (2x23) from 1:33:51 through 1:34:06.
- ↑ See "Labenda Awaits" (2x20) at 3:13:52.