Beads of Nourishment are magical rations. The Mighty Nein often calls them "boba".
Beads of Nourishment are spongy, flavorless, gelatinous beads that dissolve on the tongue. One bead provides as much nourishment as a day of rations.
The party consumed some while with the stone giants at the Deepriver Mining Camp and used them to feed the moorbounders and themselves while crossing the Barbed Fields.. Caleb gave some to the Allowak yeti the party encountered in Eiselcross, and to Iver Climtaver at the Aeorian ruins at A-2.
- “Boba” is a drink that originated in small tea shops in Taiwan during the 1980s, and refers to the tiny, chewy black balls at the bottom of the drink made from tapioca. The actual drink is tea mixed with milk and flavoring.
- See See D&D: Xanathar's Guide to Everything, 5th ed., p. 136.
- See "Solace Between the Secrets" (2x118) at 3:11:33.
- See "The Stowaway" (2x45) at 2:37:55.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 1:07:11.
- See "A Storm of Memories" (2x46) at 2:52:21.
- See "Perspective" (2x59) at 1:46:57.
- See "A Dangerous Chase" (2x64) at 1:15:37.
- See "Fetching Fables & Frosty Friends" (2x115) at 3:16:08.
- See "Solace Between the Secrets" (2x118) at (3:11:24).
- See the article at spoonuniversity.com.