Avandra, the Changebringer, is the goddess of freedom, trade, travel and adventure. She encourages her followers to venture into the unknown. Her nature leads to few temples dedicated to her in the centers of civilization, but they can be found near well traveled roads. Her worshipers include merchants, free spirits and adventurers.
The Changebringer is not one of the deities approved for worship in the Dwendalian Empire. Nevertheless, some continue to worship her in secret, with some families (such as the Schuster family in Hupperdook) having worshiped her for years.
Appearance and Symbols
Avandra is usually depicted as a young woman with dark skin and light brown hair that changes into a road behind her.
Commandments of the Changebringer
- Her holy day is New Dawn, on the first of Horisal.
- There is a gambling game in Ank'Harel known as "Avandra's Favor".
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 21.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 15.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 121.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 20.
- See "The Mines of the Many" (1x98) at 1:22:09.
- See "The Hour of Honor" (2x24) from 3:31:30 through 3:31:47.
- See "A Traveler's Gamble" (1x66) at 2:19:11.