The Astral Plane is one of the boundary planes that lie between many of the other realms. It is an amorphous realm where the will and the imagination have influence over the surrounding space, where one can will oneself to float and move. Some creatures whose species have been there for a long time have learned to actually shape the amorphous matter and energy into structures and objects. They therefore tend to be very psychic-oriented.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Campaign One[edit | edit source]
- Lady Allura told Vox Machina during a conversation on how to dispose of the Horn of Orcus they had acquired that when a Bag of Holding is destroyed, its contents jettison into the Astral Sea.
- When Scanlan Shorthalt Scryed through his magical poo, his consciousness transcended the Material Plane, traveled across the Astral Sea, and arrived at his scrying destination on the Material Plane.
- When Keyleth used Greater Restoration on Animus to sever Orthax's hold on Percy's soul, his soul began floating in the Astral Sea.
Campaign Two[edit | edit source]
- The Mighty Nein found an Astral dreadnought floating in the Astral Sea while exploring the Happy Fun Ball.
- Both Caduceus and Beau found themselves floating in the Astral Sea after reflected Banishments during the fight against Vokodo.
- When Vokodo was killed, the Mighty Nein received a vision of his past in the Astral Sea, fleeing from a pursuing living city and ripping through the planes to escape.
Creatures[edit | edit source]
Many beings reside within the Astral Sea:
- Astral dreadnought chained by Halas Lutagran
- Erathis, the Law Bearer
- Zehir, the Cloaked Serpent
- Vokodo (formerly)
References[edit | edit source]
- See "The Ruined Sliver" (2x104) at 0:46:16.
- See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) from 0:51:53 through 0:52:25.
- See "The Rematch" (1x23) at 2:59:00.
- See "Passed Through Fire" (1x69) from 1:07:13 through 1:09:02.
- See "The Beat of the Permaheart" (2x82) from 4:09:39 through 4:13:31.
- See "Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105) at 3:59:46.
- See "Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105) at 3:49:39.
- See "Rumble at Rumblecusp" (2x105) at 4:37:01.
- See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) from 0:52:25 through 0:52:32.
- See "The Beat of the Permaheart" (2x82) from 4:11:05 through 4:13:29.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 22.
- Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 29.
- See "The Ruined Sliver" (2x104) from 0:36:19 through 40:53.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Astral Plane on the Forgotten Realms Wikia (Forgotten Realms lore is not canon to Critical Role)