Assum wears ranger garb, a fine mail shirt, and a thick, dark, black cloak. He has tattoos covering one side of his face. Normally, his head is shaved bald, but since the attack of the Chroma Conclave, his hair has grown in and acid scarring has covered some of his tattoos.
"Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) Edit
Assum appeared alongside the other members of the Council of Tal'Dorei to decide what to do with the Horn of Orcus that Vox Machina brought back from the Underdark. Assum said little during the discussion, but his body language indicated that he had heard of illithid before and, like the rest of the Council, was worried about the Horn.
"The Rematch" (1x23) Edit
After Vox Machina returned from Vasselheim, Assum informed Percy of a diplomatic dinner that the Council of Tal'Dorei was hosting with the Briarwoods, with one week for the group to prepare. He said he didn't trust the Briarwoods and wanted Vox Machina to attend in order to help him.
When Vox Machina arrived for the dinner, Assum saw through Percy's disguise and reminded Vox Machina that he was their ally and they could trust him. He told Vax'ildan—who had decided to sneak around the palace invisibly—to meet him outside the dinner once it started. Vax forgot to meet Assum and instead pursued the Briarwoods up to their chambers, where he was attacked.
"Crimson Diplomacy" (1x25) Edit
Vax was nearly killed by the Briarwoods, but he managed to jump through the window with the Briarwoods in pursuit. Assum, it turned out, had been searching the Briarwoods' room during the feast, and he was hidden inside a dresser. Assum proceeded to jump through the window after Vax and the Briarwoods. He tried to pick up the dying Vax in order to drag him to safety, but Sylas Briarwood charmed Assum, forcing him to fight against Vox Machina.
"Consequences and Cows" (1x26) Edit
Assum was still under the Briarwoods' charm when Vox Machina was kicked off the Council of Tal'Dorei. Keyleth managed to release him from the charm, but Assum pretended that he was still charmed so as to protect himself and investigate the situation as a double agent.
"The Path to Whitestone" (1x27) Edit
Assum arrived at Greyskull Keep and explained that the Briarwoods had placed Sovereign Uriel Tal'Dorei III under a charm also. Having researched the Briarwoods, Assum found little information and decided to search in their claimed homeland, Wildemount, beyond the eastern curtain set up by Whitestone. Before Assum left, he agreed to teach Vex'ahlia in the art of stealth, since she was impressed by his ability and requested his training.
"The Frigid Doom" (1x64) Edit
Vox Machina did not see Assum again until they returned to Whitestone after their adventure in the Feywild. He supposedly arrived but hours before them. Although Matthew portrayed the character of Assum in this interaction, the actual entity Vox Machina spoke to here was Raishan, the Diseased Deceiver, having taken Assum's form to siphon information from Vox Machina, and infiltrate Whitestone to start discussions of an alliance to face The Cinder King.
"Passed Through Fire" (1x69) Edit
After Vox Machina returned from the Isle of Glintshore, Assum requested a private meeting with them in Castle Whitestone. There it was revealed that, ever since he had entered Whitestone, Seeker Assum Emring had actually been the dragon Raishan in disguise, leaving the real Assum's whereabouts unknown to Vox Machina.
"The Coming Storm" (1x73) Edit
Vox Machina later requested that Raishan go to Emon, find Assum, and bring him back to Whitestone. The dragon reluctantly agreed.
"Clash at Daxio" (1x77) Edit
Assum Emring was taken to Whitestone by Raishan, bearing a few new scars from acid burns courtesy of Umbrasyl, but otherwise alive and well. He joined the rest of Vox Machina's allies in planning the attack on Thordak.
Character Information Edit
Notable Items Edit
- In Titles and Tattoos (2x84) when the Mighty Nein ask Yussa is he knows of any members of the Tal'Dorei Council besides Allura, he names Assum. If he is correct, then at least two members of the Council remain through campaigns 1 and 2.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 36.
- ↑ See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) at 1:01:25.
- ↑ See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) at 1:00:59.
- ↑ See "The Rematch" (1x23) at 3:03:59.
- ↑ See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) at 1:01:09. The tattoos are on the right side, according to Matt's hand gesture.
- ↑ See "The Frigid Doom" (1x64) at 30:42.
- ↑ See "The Rematch" (1x23) from 3:04:43 through 3:06:50.
- ↑ See "The Feast" (1x24) from 2:52:43 through 2:53:50.
- ↑ See "The Feast" (1x24) from 2:53:53 through 2:54:08.
- ↑ See "The Feast" (1x24) at 2:39:00.
- ↑ See "Crimson Diplomacy" (1x25) from 00:28:10 through 00:28:50.
- ↑ See "Crimson Diplomacy" (1x25) from 00:38:03 through 00:38:17.
- ↑ See "Crimson Diplomacy" (1x25) at 00:52:33.
- ↑ See "Crimson Diplomacy" (1x25) from 00:54:22 through 00:55:02.
- ↑ See "Consequences and Cows" (1x26) from 00:53:40 through 00:56:15.
- ↑ See "The Path to Whitestone" (1x27) from 1:23:30 through 1:24:05.
- ↑ See "The Path to Whitestone" (1x27) from 1:41:03 through 1:41:55.
- ↑ See "Omens" (1x39) at 3:24:44.
- ↑ See "In Ruins" (1x41) at 2:30:40.
- ↑ See "The Frigid Doom" (1x64) at 28:36.
- ↑ See "Passed Through Fire" (1x69).
- ↑ See "Trust" (1x70).
- ↑ See "The Coming Storm" (1x73).
- ↑ See "Clash at Daxio" (1x77).