|This article is a stub. Please help the Critical Role wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, or improving existing text.
The Ashguard Garrison is an outpost guarding the frontier of the Dwendalian Empire against incursions from Xhorhas. It guards the passages on the south side of the Brokenveil Bluffs, and the Rockguard Garrison guards the north side. Since there were over 1,000 deaths when this garrison fell to the Kryn Dynasty, it must have held at least this many troops.
The Dwendalian Empire attempted to attack the Dynasty-held garrison with three legions after sending the Scourgers to strategically assassinate members of the Dynasty as a distraction, but Jester overheard King Dwendal give these orders while she was Scrying on Vence Nuthaleus, and the Mighty Nein warned the Kryn of the impending assault. Eight days later, Leylas Kryn thanked the Mighty Nein because their warning saved many lives on the Dynasty side, and Dairon reported that the unsuccessful attempts to regain the garrison cost many lives on the Empire side. More than a month later, the Empire did retake the garrison, at the cost of many more lives.
The Ashguard Garrison has a population of 5,720. When the stronghold was held by forces of the Kryn Dynasty, 74% of the population consisted of dark elves (drow) while the other 26% were other races.
- ↑ See "Harvest Close" (2x17) at 2:25:27.
- ↑ Historically, a legion comprised several thousand fighters.
- ↑ See "Domestic Respite" (2x62) at 3:35:15.
- ↑ See "Intervention" (2x63) at 0:29:29.
- ↑ See "Causatum" (2x70) at 2:35:42.
- ↑ See "Family Gathering" (2x71) at 0:29:33.
- ↑ See "From Door to Door" (2x81) at 3:25:23.
- ↑ See Explorer's Guide to Wildemount, p. 79.