Armand Treshi (pronounced /ɑrˈmɑːnd ˈtrɛʃi/) is the head of the Mahaan house Treshi in Jrusar. He is also believed by Lord Ariks Eshteross to be a member of the Chandei Quorum. He hired Ira Wendagoth to experiment on Gurge Kisgregg to weaponize his lycanthropy. As an NPC, Armand Treshi is played by Matthew Mercer.
Armand is tall for a dwarf, dark, and handsome. He has short black wavy hair and a well-kept goatee. When seen by Gurge, he wore a fancy blue and gold sherwani coat with a buttoned high collar, shiny pants and a lot of jewelry. He wears a platinum ring on his left thumb, which the soon-to-be-named Bells Hells were tasked by Ariks Eshteross to swap with an identical ring that had been enchanted to be traceable.
Armand values business and connections, and his house has a hand in many different guilds throughout the Oderan Wilds. Lord Eshteross suggested he might be interested in expanding his political power by sending expansions of Paragon's Call to locations beyond Jrusar.
"A Dance of Deception" (3x13) - "In Too Deep" (3x14)
Knowing that Armand Treshi was going to attended a masquerade ball for the upper echelon of Jrusar, Bells Hells, cooperating with Ariks Eshteross, developed a plan to get, as physically close to Armand, as they humanly could to exchange his ring, which he much cherished, with a tracking device that looked like a perfect replica of that ring. It would ensured that Armand will be reachable when the investigation of his operations was completed.
Armand entered the ball with Lady Emoth Kade as his date, however the two immediately split up to mingle with other people. During the Dance of the Crossroads, Fearne Calloway managed to snatch a dance with him. During their dance, Imogen , using her psychic abilities on Treshi, read thoughts of suspicion of Fearne as another fey creature, connecting her with the Nightmare King and the destruction of the Moon tower. In conclusion of their dance, Armand span Fearne and she managed to pull his ring from his thumb as if by accident. At Imogen's urging, Fearne dropped it just as the dance crescendoed and, as Armand immediately began searching the floor, Dorian kicked the ring away. However, Armand noticed him and went toward the sound. FCG collected the original ring and Dorian threw the tracking ring to Fearne who slipped Imogen the ring giving it to Armand as a lucky find that she fortunately managed to locate. He churlishly accepted the ring.
Later that night, after Ashton and general Ratanish's fight, Orlana Seshadri approached Gavis Aranda and Armand in turn, having a quick, intense conversation with each of them while looking at Ratanish.
Between "A Hungry Jungle" (3x18) - "Promise and Potential" (3x22)
After Lady Emoth Kade's capture and interrogation, Armand was implicated in the conspiracy, and the other leaders of his house turned against him. His home had been cleaned out and he was smuggled out of the city, heading southeast towards Bassuras, possibly seeking aid from Paragon's Call in the Seat of Disdain.
"Hidden Truths" (3x26)
With the onset of twilight, Laudna and Orym, keeping watch at the base of the Seat of Disdain, noticed Armand nervously smoking his pipe at the rooftop of the fortress, bodyguarded by two individuals.
- A perfect replica of Armand Treshi's personal ring. It was secretly swapped by Bells Hells during the ball in "A Dance of Deception" (3x13). The crystal paired with this ring is able to determine its general location as long as the ring is within a couple of miles. Arriving in Bassuras a few weeks later, Armand pawned the ring in the local lombard called the "River of Renewal".
Appearances and mentions
- Campaign Three
- "Chasing Nightmares" (3x11), mentioned only
- "Make It Fashion" (3x12), mentioned only
- "A Dance of Deception" (3x13) (first appearance)
- "In Too Deep" (3x14)
- "The Tunnels Below" (3x15), mentioned only
- "The Shade Mother" (3x16), mentioned only
- "Heart-to-Heartmoor" (3x17), mentioned only
- "Promise and Potential" (3x22), mentioned only
- "The Hellcatch Valley" (3x24), mentioned only
- "A Taste of Tal'Dorei" (3x25), mentioned only
- "Hidden Truths" (3x26)
- "A Race for the Prize" (3x27), mentioned only
- See "Make It Fashion" (3x12) at 4:01:34.
- See "Chasing Nightmares" (3x11) at 3:27:13.
- See "Chasing Nightmares" (3x11) at 0:19:07.
- See "Make It Fashion" (3x12) at 4:01:34.
- See "Chasing Nightmares" (3x11) at 2:50:49.
- See "Make It Fashion" (3x12) at 3:55:52.
- See "Make It Fashion" (3x12) at 4:03:59.
- See "Make It Fashion" (3x12) at 4:04:39.
- See "Promise and Potential" (3x22) at 1:58:46.
- See "Hidden Truths" (3x26) at 2:29:40.
- See "Promise and Potential" (3x22) at 2:00:50.
- See "A Taste of Tal'Dorei" (3x25) at 2:08:03.
- Fan art of Armand Treshi, by Colton Balske of Kraven's Keep. Work contributed to the Critical Role Wiki by the artist.