The Arcana Pansophical is a semi-secretive circle of many of the world's most powerful arcane practitioners. They share information, maintain a self-imposed "Truth of Magic" where misuse (in their eyes) should be ended and brought to arcane justice, and generally consider themselves above the regular folk and their laws. Maintaining a "good" alignment, the Arcana Pansophical requires respect, political influence, and registration of anyone practicing on a higher level of magic within their realm.
Lady Allura once told Vox Machina that the Arcana Pansophical made it somewhat illegal to use memory-altering spells. The only way this is allowed is in dire situations where something needs to be forgotten, such as the location of the Horn of Orcus that Vox Machina recovered and sealed away in Vasselheim.
Notable People Edit
General members of the Arcana Pansophical are called "Guides", whereas higher ranking members are called "Makers". Vox Machina only personally knows three members of the organization (Allura, Drake, and Eskil), although there were seven living members prior to the attack of the Chroma Conclave.
- Enchanter Yurek Windkeeper: Elf Wizard (Enchanter). Founder of the Arcana Pansophical.
- Alchemist Ozwyn Gruude: Halfling Alchemist. Contracted the Slayer's Take guild to harvest parts from an adult white dragon, which was completed by Lyra, Zahra, Grog, Percy, Scanlan, and Vex'ahlia.
- Seer Gloria Ios: Human Wizard (Diviner).
- Magus Seanor Wiles: Human Mage Tutor Extraordinaire.
- Planerider Ryn: Tiefling Planar Studies Specialist.
- Tinkerer Quash Dentdruggle: Gnome Construct Specialist.
- Arcanist Allura Vysoren: Human Wizard (Abjurer). Member of the Tal'Dorei Council in Emon and friend of Vox Machina.
- Elementalist Drake Thunderbrand: Dwarf Wizard (Evoker).
Former Members Edit
- Realmseer Eskil Ryndarian: Human Archmage. Former member. He has helped and been helped by Vox Machina on several occasions.
- Felrinn Derevar: Human demon-summoner and betrayer of the Pansophical.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 29.
- ↑ Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, pp. 29–The Pansophical was formed after the Battle of the Umbra Hills, which took place around three centuries before 811 PD.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Some of the information on this page was imported from Matthew Mercer's Vox Machina Wiki article, "The Arcana Pansophical".
- ↑ See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) at 49:46.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) from 3:49:06 through 3:50:41.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 1" (1x18) at 0:38:29.
- ↑ See the written contract from Alchemist Ozwyn Grud.
- ↑ See "Trial of the Take: Part 2" (1x19) from 3:42:46 through 3:43:20.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 30.
- ↑ Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 94.