City Description EditAnk'Harel was described by Jarett as being "comparable, a bit bigger" relative to Emon.
River District Edit
A number of canals begin in the River District. The spring, the perpetual oasis that fuels the city is located here. It is noted that many of the caravans of Marquet travel to and from this district in particular. 
Sandherald District Edit
Suncut Bazaar Edit
Features a few shops that go indoors, but mostly open sky and hundreds of various tents, carts, pop-up stand-ups, and even the center of the street, blankets set out, with the various merchants there with their wares strewn across the ground, waiting for anybody to come and approach.
- The Debt's Respite: A tavern in Ank'Harel run by Treev Bonebreaker. It is known for being the base of operations for the mercenary group known as the Scarbearers.
- The Shade: An inn in the Suncut Bazaar with a distinctive, dark green steeple.
- The Corner Cove: An inn in the Suncut Bazaar.
Notable Locations Edit
- The Cerulean Palace
- Tower of J'mon Sa Ord
- Scarlet Prison, also known as the Scarlet Oubliette. Dungeon located beneath the Cerulean Palace. It is rumored that people are placed there to be tortured and to be part of various experiments.
Ank'Harel has a mostly human population. In their travels to Ank'Harel, Vox Machina observed a wide variety of people living in Ank'Harel, with everyone seeming to mesh together without prejudice. Notably, they observed a number of dark-skinned halflings, a few half-elves, and some half-orcs. They also observed tieflings walking openly, with no one seeming to pay them a particular mind.
Vox Machina did not see or encounter a single dwarf, goliath, and only one pure elf (Headmaster Krynon) in their travels to Ank'Harel.
Notable People Edit
|Asharru||NPC||Mistress Asharru. Deceased former owner of the Vestige, Cabal's Ruin. Killed by Anna Ripley.|
|Gameshega [spelling?]||NPC||Grand Maven of Ank'Harel.|
|Grymond Trog||NPC||Elderly gnome scholar at the Crystal Chateau.|
|J'mon Sa Ord||NPC||Ruler of Ank'Harel.|
|James Kryon||NPC||Headmaster of the Crystal Chateau.|
|Jarett Howarth||NPC||Captain of the guard at Vox Machina's Greyskull Keep. Hails from Ank'Harel. Exiled from the city after committing a crime.|
|Rutur||NPC||Half-orc who sold fusaka to Scanlan Shorthalt.|
|Shubad||NPC||Fruit merchant in the Suncut Bazaar.|
|Treev Bonebreaker||NPC||Innkeeper in charge of the Debt's Respite.|
|Verdaven||NPC||Half-elf associate of Rutur.|
- The Scarbearers
The Hand of Ord Edit
- → Main article: The Hand of Ord.
The Hand of Ord is the primary guard protecting the city of Ank'Harel and nearby townships and villages. They wear an ornate and tastefully-designed panoply of deep blue with armor of a reddish-brown metal (presumably of a high copper-content alloy), carrying scimitars at their sides and, often, spears and shields as well. Their helmets cover most of their faces, giving them an intimidating presence.
- Kurrak fruit. A fruit that looks like a mango with a spiny, rough exterior. Difficult to hold, but has a delightful flavor comparable to a sweet water experience.
- Fusaka spice
- "Be pleased" as a common expression of politeness, accompanied with a small bow, preferably with the hand down towards the stomach.
- Sand-kheg's Hide.
"Echoes of the Past" (1x38) Edit
"The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) Edit
"A Traveler's Gamble" (1x66) Edit
- ↑ From Matthew Mercer's Reddit comment showing the official spellings of Marquet and Ank'Harel.
- ↑ Lore for the continent of Marquet was introduced in Chapter 3. See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38) from 2:24:19 through 2:28:25.
- ↑ See "The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) at 1:05:46.
- ↑ See "The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) at 1:07:09.
- ↑ See "The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) at 3:32:57.
- ↑ See "The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) from 1:00:50 through 1:01:53.
- ↑ Marquet was introduced in Chapter 3. See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38) from 2:24:19 through 2:28:25.
- ↑ Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 98.
- ↑ See "The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) from 1:44 through 1:46.
- ↑ See "The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) at 2:32:14.
- ↑ See "The Streets of Ank'Harel" (1x65) at 1:07:45.
- ↑ "Sand-kheg" is a desert variant of an ankheg designed by Matthew Mercer (source).
- ↑ See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38).
- ↑ A leader of the Clasp stated that that Riskel Daxio was heading for Ank'Harel. See "A Musician's Nostalgia" (1x37) at 3:26:01.
- ↑ See "Echoes of the Past" (1x38) at 2:26:29.
- ↑ From Matthew Mercer's tweet on Ank'Harel's design influence.