The building appears to be built out of white marble, with very high ceilings, stretching up in some areas as high as 80 feet. Much of the building appears to be lit by magical orbs that are either set into the walls or into chandeliers. Some of the rooms have carved pillars depicting battles between devas and demons that spiral up the pillars. The building has guards near the entrances adorned with silver and gold armor wearing elven-like helmets.
Tuition at the Lyceum is expensive, so most of its students come from money or a family of high station. Students come to research the history and lore of Exandria, learn about politics and government, or refine their spellcasting as a wizard or sorcerer.
Vox Machina used the Circle of Teleportation at the Lyceum to escape from the illithid in Yug'Voril. The Horn of Orcus was temporarily placed in the Lyceum while the trip to Vasselheim was prepared.
- Headmaster Thurmond Adlam: Runs the Lyceum.
- Gatekeeper Xanthas: Evening keeper of the Traverse Junction in the Lyceum.
- Delilah Briarwood: Studied here briefly.
- Kaylie: Student
- Jorlund Vohr: Professor of archeology.
- Drath Mephruhn: Once a student that was ousted from the collage at a young age. Dabbling in dark, forbidden things.
The original Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting sourcebook offers the Lyceum Student character background with skill proficiencies in Arcana, History, or Persuasion (pick two), knowledge of two languages, and equipment befitting a relatively well-to-do scholar.
- See "Escape from the Underdark" (1x13) at 2:16:29.
- See "Escape from the Underdark" (1x13) at 2:06:24. Tiberius casts Teleportation Circle.
- See "Escape from the Underdark" (1x13) at 2:15:02. It is revealed that Vox Machina arrived in the Lyceum.
- Critical Role: Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting, p. 105.
- See "Escape from the Underdark" (1x13) at 2:06:24.
- See "Shopping and Shipping" (1x14) at 1:12:41.
- See "The Chapter Closes" (1x115) at 3:48:02.
- See "Talks Machina: Campaign Wrap-up" (Sx31) at 0:47:35.
- See Critical Role: Vox Machina Origins, Volume #2, Issue #3, pp. 22-23.